1. Winnebago Avenue reconstruction from TH 15 east past Indus Street
2. 4th Street overlay from Prairie Avenue to TH 15
3. Cedar Park trail loop on the north end of Cedar Park
4. Day Farm trail overlay south of Heritage Acres
5. A new T-hangar at the airport was completed and will be taking new tenants in November.
The Lake Avenue reconstruction project started in July. The contractor, Crow River Construction, works a 10-day on and 4-day off schedule and is making good progress on the project so far. This project has a specific project website that discusses some of the design features as well as provides construction updates. You can sign up for email notices when the page is updated. Here is the link to the construction updates page.
The City will be starting the I-90/Margaret Street trail extension in September. This trail project will connect Margaret Street trail to the intersection of Torgerson Drive and TH 15. It will provide a link from the hotels near the interstate to the Winnebago Avenue Sports Complex while increasing safety by keeping users off TH 15. Trail completion is scheduled for early summer 2021.
Lastly, you may have observed City engineering staff out preparing for the 2021 construction season. Our engineering staff have been doing field work and gathering information for potential construction projects in 2021.
Keep everyone safe! Please use caution whenever you encounter construction workers in the field.